- This event has passed.
Resin Beach & Waves on Wooden Cradle Board Workshop
June 14 2019 @ 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
One event on June 26, 2019 at 6:30 PM
One event on July 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM
Learn how to make this beautiful beach scene which includes real sand, rocks and sea shells. This is such a fun project from beginning to end. Suitable for anyone even if you’ve never painted before.
All supplies are included in ticket price as follows:
– Primed 12″ x 9″ wooden cradle board – inside resin/paint area 9″ x 6.5″
– Acrylic Paints
– Sea shells, moss mics embellishments as desired by student
– Artresin (non-toxic, UV protected, non-yellowing artist epoxy resin)
– Artresin Resin Dye
Paint brushes, heat gun, torches and various shop tools will be available for use during class.
You will learn:
– How to paint the ocean background.
– How to apply and attach the sand and seashells for your beach scene
– How to add shading for a more realistic look
– How to mix 2 part Artresin
– How to add color to resin for ocean waves
– How to apply resin over sand and ocean area
– How to create waves using colored resin
– Proper use of small torch to remove resin bubbles and achieve a smooth finished surface
Included is step by step instruction by Airdrie Artist Pamela Jonson of Image Paintings Plus who has taught hundreds of students with her easy to follow step by step workshops. Grab some friends, family members or co-workers and join us for an evening of fun and creating.